FirstWorks is a dynamic workforce solutions company providing Permanent Recruitment Services and Contingent Staffing Services to companies in Malaysia. We are championed by dedicated industry professionals with strong recruitment & workforce solutions experience. Working together with our clients and candidates, we bring personalize recruitment solutions to create a winning partnership via job placements.
FirstWorks have been engaged by our client, who is founded in 2007 for a good value supermarket grocer to meet the discerning appetite of Klang Valley residents for quality household food products and goods for their everyday needs. Started with single small outlet from wide range and deep assortment of imported products on shelf, to fresh produce and groceries. Since then, our client has more than 20 outlets for the past 10 years and become the largest premium supermarket in Malaysia and continue growing and serving our customers.
Our client is hiring a critical position for an Assistant Manager, Quantity Survey & Project Management. The key responsibility is to coordinate people and processes to ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time and on budget. This includes developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation within budget and scope
Other responsibilities include
- Responsible for formulating a plan to meet the objectives of the project while adhering to an approved budget and timeline.
- Handle the tender process and obtain competitive quotes and award tender in a timely manner upon approval from Management for selected project.
- Lead and supervise the project team to ensure the timely project completion and provide briefing to Management about the completion status from time to time.
- Analyse rate and conduct negotiation with vendors/ suppliers/ contractors on project requirements and monitor variation work to avoid cost overrun.
- Monitor and control project costs work within the budget and report to Management any overrun.
- Ensure the actual build-up according to scope of work and conditions of the contract in order to minimize variation order as well as avoid extension of time.vi
- Liaise with vendors/ suppliers/ contractors on work instruction, sequencing and other project implementation issues to ensure quality and completion met company expectation.
- Able to negotiate with contractors on project pipeline or re-estimation of milestone due to unforeseen circumstances
- Accountable of documentation and meeting local authorities building rules and regulations.
- Perform site visit or inspection and managing contractors.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced/ Higher/ Graduate Diploma, Diploma in Quantity Survey, Contract Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in developing and managing development, construction projects and standard operating procedures.
4) Preferred Skills:
- Familiar with the measurement skills and understanding of Malaysia Standard Method of Measurement and Contracts such as PAM contract.
- Familiar with site and contract management planning and coordinating site activities.
- Team player with a pleasant personality and able to demonstrate initiative, resourceful, attention to details and able to work independently
- Good at relationship building, networking, and strong negotiation skills with consultants, contractors and suppliers.
- Facilitate good communication, feedback, and motivation among the project team.
- Experience in a consultancy or property developer is an added advantage.
|Job Category||Construction & Property Development, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), FMCG, Logistics / Supply Chain, Retail|