FirstWorks is a dynamic workforce solutions company providing Permanent Recruitment Services and Contingent Staffing Services to companies in Malaysia. We are championed by dedicated industry professionals with strong recruitment & workforce solutions experience. Working together with our clients and candidates, we bring personalize recruitment solutions to create a winning partnership via job placements.
FirstWorks have been engaged by a multinational parent company who has been in the business for more than 50 years in the Middle East as a leading food and diary product manufacturer . With knowledge and expertise in the dairy business, our client had decided to expand their business to the Asian region. Our client incorporated their first dairy factory in Sendayan, Negeri Sembilan and will be operational in April 2020. To prepare for production, our client is keen on hiring a talented R&D Manager to oversee the operations
- Develop the strategy by leading the products development/re-launch of new and/or existing products.
- Drive generation of development ideas and encourage creative approaches within R&D and other departments.
- Prepare proposals concerning new materials and/or technologies based on technical and economic assessments.
- Planning, tracking and monitoring product expenses.
The key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development strategy
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the assigned R&D team budget.
- Develops rigorous experimental plans in conjunction with assigned R&D team to maintain technical integrity and quality with every step in the project.
- Leads/chairs R&D team meetings to communicate and review project direction and progress.
- Builds leadership by reinforcing and supporting a high performance work culture as evidenced by modeling accountability, coaching and mentoring and team working abilities.
- Carries out human resource management responsibilities of the R&D focused on talent and core-competency development; such activities annual performance reviews and staff training and development through internal and external programs.
- Co-ordinate with the Factory manager to access external technology.
- Working experience in the food industry and/or food marketing.
- Proven ability to complete assignments within a given time-frame.
- At least 6-10 years’ experience as Development Manager from any manufacturing company (Experience in Dairy plant will be an advantage).
- Experience in applying economic tools to reduce the cost of existing products.
- Has a recognised degree in Food Technology, Food Science or related education qualification